A Pop-Up Dinner Experience by Fortitude Culina x The Social Space
Fortitude Culina is a Singapore social enterprise that trains the Visually Impaired (VI) to become chefs, to lead with their talents and abilities, not their disabilities.
In their technology-enabled kitchen, their chefs are supported by vision augmentation technology, mentored by a Michelin star-restaurant's chef, and empowered in their journey to teach other visually impaired individuals through Fortitude Culina's cooking workshops.
Click here to watch a documentary on Fortitude Culina by Our Better World.
This meaningful collaboration seeks to:
#1 - Provide a hands-on opportunity for the VI chefs at Fortitude Culina to experience dinner service in a commercial setting
#2 - Raise public awareness of the challenges that persons with vision impairment face in their daily activities
#3 - Encourage the community to see beyond disabilities
Friday, 20th May 2022
7pm to 9pm
333 Kreta Ayer Road, #01-14, Singapore 080333
SGD 58 per pax
*Inclusive of a Complimentary Door Gift - Take home a unique gift set including a small jar of Fortitude Culina's Sambal Ijo and Rendang paste and exclusive items from The Social Space.
"“I want people to see my skill as a chef first and then someone with visual impairment second.”- Chef Erna of Fortitude Culina"
A Tasteful Journey of Herbs & Spices
A 4-course menu reflecting the most iconic flavours from the Malay Archipelago. Find out more about the ingredients we've used from Southeast Asian cuisine with our chef as you take in each dish.
Awaken Your Senses with Classic Malay Spices
The secret to any great dish, as always, comes down to the sauce! From our fiery sambal ijo dip, to the peanut and citrus sambal pecel in our gado gado salad, to the famous creamy texture of Indonesian rendang, these are the sauces laced with classic spices from Southeast Asia that bloom with flavour.
Artisanal Dishes Designed by our Chefs
Our main course of the night: Nasi Ulam or '7 Herb Rice' is made starting with our chefs carefully preparing and blending each fresh herb and spice. This is followed by a mixing process with steamed basmati rice, which infuses a multitude of fragrances and flavours to make for an unforgettable combination. Beautifully paired with chicken rendang and achar.
Look Through the Lens of a Visually Impaired Chef
See through the eyes of the vision impaired with an exclusive virtual reality simulation after your meal. Listen to the inspiring life stories of our visually impaired chefs and ask them anything about the food you've tasted during your dinner.
Belinjo with Sambal Ijo (Green Chilli Dipping Sauce)
Gago Gado Salad in Sambal Pecel (Peanut Sauce with Kencur and Red Chilli)
Signature "7 Herb Rice" Nasi Ulam with Chicken Rendang* & Pickled Vegetables
*Vegetarian Option of Tempe Rendang Available
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta
Inclusive of One Drink
Blue Pea Lemonade
*Please indicate number of Vegetarian meals and any other dietary restrictions in the remarks during check-out.
**Seating will be assigned at our discretion. Please take note that our space features several communal tables and high counter seats.
By purchasing a ticket for any of our events or workshops, you are agreeing to the following terms & conditions:
- Payment should be completed upon checking out from our online cart to confirm your place in our event/workshop. You should receive a confirmation e-mail immediately. If in doubt, kindly email us at email@example.com to verify.
- In the event of low attendance, The Social Space reserve all rights to cancel/reschedule the event/workshop. You will receive an email notice at least 48-hours prior and be given the choice to attend the next event/workshop or get a full refund.
- No refunds will be provided for no-shows or cancellations without 7-days notice. For a transfer to another attendee, kindly contact The Social Space 48-hours prior to the event/workshop.
- Photographs and videos will be taken during event/workshop and may be used for our training and marketing purposes. Participants with any concern should inform The Social Space prior to the event/workshop.
- Participant agrees to indemnify The Social Space and our event/workshop partners against any damages or injuries that may be sustained to themselves, or their belongings, during the event/workshop.
- The Social Space reserves all rights to seek compensation for any damage to our space or furniture, or injury to the instructor.
- The Social Space reserves all rights to make changes or update these terms and conditions whenever necessary. In case of any dispute, we reserve all rights to make the final decision.