My Little Planted Jar: Workshop with Little Big Garden
Jam jars. Pickle jars. Pasta sauce jars. Mayo jars. Mustard jars.
Do you have all these empty glass jars hidden somewhere at the back of the cupboard? Well, it’s time to create some plant joy with them. Come join us for this hands-on workshop to gain an understanding of growing house plants in a soilless medium.
What you will learn: In this hands-on workshop, you will gain an understanding of soilless growing and learn how to transplant a houseplant to a soilless medium into the glass jars that you bring with you. Learn the correct watering method and how to fertilise your planted jar. You will also get tips on general care of house plants.
What you'll take home: Take home your own planted soilless house plant, and start to experiment on your other house plants with this growing method. Each participant gets to choose 2 house plants for transplanting. (Each participant should bring 2 glass jars)
We will have spare glass jars available for participants who are unable to bring any of their own.
10:30am to 11:30am
7 Fraser Street #01-07 (behind Virgin Active), S'pore 189356
$45 per pax
(6 registered persons to begin)
Karen and Peng
Little Big Garden was founded on the premise that life is better with plants. Started by Karen and Peng in 2018, their mission is simply to share the joy of plant parenting. They believe that there is a plant for every single person and it is really not difficult to get started on a hobby that is uplifting yet calming, and that can last a lifetime.
Their focus is on Kokedama, with their own spin on this Japanese-inspired style of growing plants, as well as a curated range of house plants matched with plant ware that are ready to take home. For those who want to try their hand at plant crafting, Little Big Garden also offers a range of workshops ranging from Kokedama, soilless planted jars, mounted plants to sand art terrariums.
SEE YOU THERE!
Terms & Conditions
- The event has a maximum pax of 12 individuals, once the event has reached maximum capacity, you will be notified and placed on a waiting list.
- You will be contacted by our facilitator prior to joining the event to provide event details
- Your information here is strictly kept confidential and only for the purposes of providing administrative instruction on the event, and to notify you for future events, should you indicate your interest.
- Please notify your facilitator if you are unable to partake in the event, so that we would be able to give your spot to another interested party
- No outside food and drinks allowed in the cafe