Roasting coffee… not the Earth
Many of us rely on a strong brew to get us through the day, but what does coffee have to do with wildlife conservation and climate change? Wake up to the links between the biodiversity and climate crises at this event, where we discuss the environmental impact of the cultivation and consumption of coffee.
In Southeast Asia, demand for kopi luwak – highly prized coffee made of cherries partially digested by civets – is threatening the welfare of these animals; while forests in many parts of the world are often razed to grow coffee plants. The good news is, there is a way to enjoy a cuppa joe without costing the Earth. Find out how at this event organised by the NUS Centre for Nature-based Climate Solutions and The Social Space.
By purchasing a ticket for any of our events or workshops, you are agreeing to the following terms & conditions:
- Payment should be completed upon checking out from our online cart to confirm your place in our event/workshop. You should receive a confirmation e-mail immediately. If in doubt, kindly email us at email@example.com to verify.
- In the event of low attendance, The Social Space reserve all rights to cancel/reschedule the event/workshop. You will receive an email notice at least 48-hours prior and be given the choice to attend the next event/workshop or get a full refund.
- No refunds will be provided for no-shows or cancellations without 7-days notice. For a transfer to another attendee, kindly contact The Social Space 48-hours prior to the event/workshop.
- Photographs and videos will be taken during event/workshop and may be used for our training and marketing purposes. Participants with any concern should inform The Social Space prior to the event/workshop.
- Participant agrees to indemnify The Social Space and our event/workshop partners against any damages or injuries that may be sustained to themselves, or their belongings, during the event/workshop.
- The Social Space reserves all rights to seek compensation for any damage to our space or furniture, or injury to the instructor.
- The Social Space reserves all rights to make changes or update these terms and conditions whenever necessary. In case of any dispute, we reserve all rights to make the final decision.